Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Autumn

Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love being outside.  I love the changing colors of the trees.  I love the chill in the air which demands the comfort of a warm cup of apple cider.

October has been beautiful thus far.  The leaves are just starting to hint at the splendor of their final goodbye, proving there is glory in death while warning us that winter is rapidly approaching.  I have been doing my best to heed their warning by enjoying as much of crisp air as I possibly can.  

Every so often, Rich and I gather with a few friends and family members for a "Supper Club" dinner.  Each time their is a new host and theme.  The friendship and delicious food are the constant.  On Saturday night, the theme was appropriately "Autumn."   We had a wonderful dinner and dessert spread followed by a trip to the Pumpkinfest in Doylestown, Pa.  In summation, it was a wonderful, fallesque evening.  

My contribution to our meal was a Harvest Apple Macaroni and Cheese.  
It was based on Rachel Ray's Harvest Moon Macaroni .  I modified the recipe for apples, added almonds, breadcrumbs, sour cream, and used low-fat milk (the low fat milk really did very little for the calorie count of this dish :)  
Here a few photos of the amazing pumpkins was saw at the Pumpkinfest.  




My love and I :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment